Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Appointment to Rules of Judicial Administration Committee



I learned today that the President-Elect of The Florida Bar, Dori Foster-Morales, has appointed me to a three-year term on the Florida Rules of Judicial Administration Committee.  The committee proposes rule amendments to the Florida Supreme Court, either on its own initiative or when directed by the court.  The Rules of Judicial Administration cover court procedures for all practice areas, ranging from procedures for e-filing court documents, to rules governing the service of filed documents. Florida courts today face significant challenges with rapidly changing technology and public health concerns. I expect the assignment to be challenging, demanding, and rewarding. I am grateful for the privilege to be of service. 

I have served a total of four three-year terms on the Florida Probate Rules Committee which proposes changes to the court rules that specifically govern probate and guardianship cases. June 30th marks the end of my second term as chair of the committee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment